USA, Canada, South America, the Caribbean. All are part of the Americas. As we prepare for our summer tour of the Baltic nations, we’ll revel in music of our own hemisphere. Much of the music we’ll take with us on tour will be from American Masters – composers who continue to reshape our musical world. Join us as we celebrate the work of Alice Parker, Robert Shaw, Morten Lauridsen, Samuel Barber, Alberto Ginastera, Eric William Barnum, and more.
• Ubi Caritas by Ola Gjeilo, Alleluia by Randall Thompson, Lamentations of Jeremiah by Z. Randall Stroope and Ave Maria by Joan Szymko.
• Dawn by Eric William Barnum; Spring by Edvard Grieg, The Waking by Northwest composer Giselle Wyers, There Will be Rest by Frank Ticheli.
• Buffalo Gals arranged by Bob Chilcott, Cindy arranged by Alice Parker, and Tangueando, a light-hearted choral parody of the Tango style by Argentinian composer Oscar Escalada.
• Three Shaker Songs arranged by Kevin Siegfried and the evocative Not One Sparrow is Forgotten arranged by William Hawley.
• Traditional spirituals Soon Ah Will Be Done arranged by Canadian composer Diane Loomer, Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit arranged by the great African American composer William Dawson, and Deep River arranged by Swede Anders Paulsson with soprano saxophone improvisation by Michael Brockman.
Tickets: $24 ($20 seniors & singers; students 6-18 free). Available at the door, or purchase a season subscription at this link.