Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
- Skagit Symphony is hiring a new music director.
- Bremerton Symphony Association announces September auditions for all ensembles.
- St. James Cathedral, Seattle, has a position beginning in September for a bass-baritone to join the Cathedral Cantorei, the professional ensemble that supports the volunteer Cathedral Choir.
- The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra has openings for the concertmaster, principal percussion, and string positions.
- KING FM is hiring a major gifts officer and account executive.
- Town Hall Seattle is seeking a part-time digital media assistant to film and livestream programs and to assist in updating web-based media content.
- September 28, 2017 – 4Culture Tech-Specific Grant application deadline. Supports work at the intersection of art and technology.
- October 24, 2017 – Seattle Neighborhood and Community Arts grant application deadline
- October 24, 2017 – Seattle Arts in the Parks grant application deadline
- October 27, 2017 – Seattle Symphony Celebrate Asia Composition Competition submission deadline. The competition seeks to recognize emerging composers interested in Asian culture, music, and traditions.
- November 1, 2017 – 2018 Female Band Composition Competition submission deadline
- Rolling – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Rolling – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Rolling – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Rolling – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Wednesdays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.