Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus seeks an executive director.
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring an administrative assistant, a school accompanist, and certified pilates instructors.
- Skagit Symphony is hiring a new music director.
- The Lake Washington Symphony Orchestra is seeking an administrative assistant to help with marketing, grants and development.
- Seattle Music Partners seeks volunteer instrumental music instructors for youth program.
- Cornish Playhouse at Seattle Center is looking for volunteers with a passion for the performing arts to support hundreds of performances year-round. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vox16, a Seattle-based chamber choir that performs a cappella vocal music, is looking for new compositions to include in their Spring concert featuring local composers and a possible CD recording project.
- Academy Chamber Orchestra is holding auditions for violins, horns, bassoon.
- The Northwest Boychoir – recognized as one of the nation’s premier children’s choral programs – is holding auditions.
- Breath of Aire is a Pacific Northwest (all volunteer) choir looking for tenors.
- Seattle Festival Orchestra is seeking section percussion, section & principal string & tuba positions.
- The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra has openings for the concertmaster (paid position), principal percussion, and string positions.
- KING FM is hiring a major gifts officer and account executive.
- Town Hall Seattle is seeking a part-time digital media assistant to film and livestream programs and to assist in updating web-based media content.
- The Seattle Times is seeking a full-time staff music writer who can provide outstanding coverage of the Pacific Northwest popular music scene.
- October 6, 2017 – Obama Foundation Fellowship application deadline. The program seeks to support outstanding civic innovators from around the world, including community-minded artists who are altering the civic engagement landscape.
- October 15, 2017 – Chamber Music America 2018 Residency Partnership Program application deadline. The program supports professional ensembles and presenters in building audiences for small ensemble music through residency projects.
- October 20, 2017: Music of Remembrance’s David Tonkonogui Memorial Award application deadline. Eligibility: All Seattle-area musicians under the age of 18 with an interest and commitment to performing music related to the Holocaust.
- October 24, 2017 – Seattle Neighborhood and Community Arts grant application deadline
- October 24, 2017 – Seattle Arts in the Parks grant application deadline
- October 27, 2017 – Seattle Symphony Celebrate Asia Composition Competition submission deadline. The competition seeks to recognize emerging composers interested in Asian culture, music, and traditions.
- November 1, 2017 – 2018 Female Band Composition Competition submission deadline
- Rolling – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Rolling – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Rolling – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Rolling – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to email@example.com)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.