Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus, a 30-voice SATB choral organization, is currently looking for a new artistic director to start Fall 2019. The application deadline is May 30, 2019. This is a paid, part-time position.
- Byron Schenkman & Friends seeks a part-time marketing & operations assistant.
- Live Sound and Stage is hiring live sound engineers (A1-A3) and crew.
- Northwest Mahler Festival has openings for musicians in strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion sections.
- Bellevue Youth Choirs is looking for an artistic director to lead the 2019-20 season.
- Henry Bischofberger Violins is seeking a string instrument repair specialist with technical training or relevant experience with violins, violas, and cellos for a part-time weekend position in their violin shop in Kirkland.
- The Seattle Choral Company is auditioning singers during June and July for their 2019-2020 season.
- The Northwest Boychoir is now holding auditions for boys ages 6-9 years old who love to sing. Call to sign up for an audition slot or fill out the on-line form.
- On the Boards, Seattle seeks director of finance and operations.
- SEEDArts is hiring a fund development associate.
- ArtsFund is currently accepting applications for the position of chief executive officer through The 360 Group.
- Seattle Girls Choir (SGC) is looking to hire a high-energy, charismatic, and dynamic leader to serve as the new executive director (30 hrs/week).
- Seattle Chamber Singers will hold auditions for all voice types on June 8, 2019.
- Seattle Women’s Jazz Orchestra (SWOJO) is seeking new board members with a passion for jazz and showcasing female musicians.
- The Seattle Foundation‘s philanthropic services team has an open position for a full-time development assistant.
- Seattle Opera is seeking head of properties/properties master, designers, an assistant production manager, a marketing and communications coordinator, audience services representatives as well as offering several internships.
- The Sammamish Symphony has openings for volunteer musicians in several sections, especially violas and violins.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring for the following positions: vice president of development and sales and fundraising representatives.
- Cascadian Chorale is auditioning singers, especially tenors, from now through August for their 2019-2020 season which begins September 2019.
- Campbient call for sound artists is open. The project will bring together 22 people for 44 hours to produce two, 22-minute live ambient sound recordings, on site at Bayview State Park in NW Washington.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal string bass, oboe (section), trumpet (section), percussion (section) and all string section instruments in June and September 2019.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a patron services associate, finance director, and part-time house manager.
- Index Arts Fest call for artists is now open.
- Rain City Symphony Community Orchestra, meeting in North Seattle, seeks string bass players.
- The Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra (VICO) is accepting registrations for their 2019 Summer Academy.
- ArtsWa 2019-2020 TAT Lab’s call for teaching artists is now available.
- Second Inversion is offering a music journalism internship.
- Artist Trust seeks a programs intern.
- Community Arts Create (CAC) is looking for volunteers in communications, development, and projects & events.
- June 1, 2019 – Cascade Conducting Master Class: auditor application due
- June 3, 2019 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: Mayor’s Arts Awards nominations due
- June 7, 2019 – Artist Trust: 2019 Annual Artist Survey deadline
- June 7, 2019 – Headlands Center for the Arts: applications for artist-in-residence program due
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- July 1, 2019 – Aaron Copland Fund for Music: Performance Program applications due
- July 15, 2019 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) application deadline
- July 15, 2019 – Jubilation Foundation: 2019 Music and Dance Projects application due
- October 1, 2019 – GKV Foundation: “Big Ideas” letters of interest due
- October 1, 2019 – Indianapolis Women’s Chorus: women’s choral composition contest submission due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- November 20, 2019 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000) and Neighbor to Neighbor Grants
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, we do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to us. The best way to submit that information is via email: email@example.com
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.