Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Seattle Opera is seeking designers, an assistant production manager, a marketing and communications coordinator, audience services representatives as well as offering several internships.
- Seattle Opera is seeking local singers for the 2019/20 chamber opera production of The Falling and the Rising.
- KEXP is accepting applications for a part-time licensing & podcasting coordinator.
- Seattle Collaborative Orchestra seeks awesome violin, cello, bass, and trombone players to join our diverse, multigenerational performing arts organization dedicated to diversity in symphonic classical music. SCO is also looking for a dynamic development and marketing intern.
- West Seattle Community Orchestras seeks part-time orchestra manager starting training in spring 2019; full responsibilities in summer 2019.
- Northwest Folklife is hiring a community relations & fundraising lead and offers a digital media & marketing internship and a development internship.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a patron services associate, patron services lead, part-time house manager, and house manager.
- Lotus Chamber Music Festival seeks string players and pianists to participate in a unique summer music festival that combines chamber music and holistic wellness.
- Pacific Sound Chorus, an energetic and fun group of women who love singing 4 part a cappella harmony, is searching for their next director.
- The Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute is accepting applications from active conductors and auditors.
- Seattle Opera will hold auditions for the Youth Opera Project on Thursday, May 30 & Saturday, June 1. Plus, auditions for the 2019/20 Teen Vocal Studioare on Saturday, May 18 and are open to current high school students (except graduating seniors).
- The Seattle Symphony is seeking an assistant to music director + chorale manager + artistic liaison, an audio manager/assistant technical director, a part-time marketing assistant, a data operations manager and a data operations coordinator, a ticket office coordinator, part-time ticket services associate.
- Rain City Symphony Community Orchestra, meeting in North Seattle, seeksstring bass players.
- Seattle Rock Orchestra is accepting registrations their summer intensive for middle and high school band, orchestra, and choir students.
- The Seattle Philharmonic seeks strong violinists, violists, and cellists to audition: come be a part of a fun, dynamic orchestra!
- April 15, 2019 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor application deadline
- April 15, 2019 – MacDowell Colony: Fall Artist Residencies application due
- April 30, 2019 – The Newcombe Foundation: Instrument Grant applications deadline
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- July 15, 2019 – Jubilation Foundation: 2019 Music and Dance Projectsapplication due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.