Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions & announcements – March 2018
- St. James Cathedral seeks a full-time Associate Director of Music with competence in choral directing and keyboard performance.
The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra invites musicians to apply for the 2018 Bushell Concerto Competition, now through March 18.
- Seattle Symphony is holding auditions for section viola.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a boy soprano for the role of Miles in Benjamin Britten’s The Turn of the Screw (auditions March 3) and volunteer male supernumeraries to play soldiers in Aida.
- KEXP is seeking an outreach coordinator and part-time social media assistant.
- Town Hall seeks a development coordinator and a special events coordinator.
- KING FM is seeking a part-time board operator.
- Sound of Late is hosting a call for collaborators to identify teams of composers to present as part of their 2018–2019 season in Portland and Seattle.
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring a school accompanist.
- Breath of Aire, an all-volunteer choir, is looking for tenors.
- February 1, 2018 – ArtsWA Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- March 5, 2018 – Artist Trust Fellowships application deadline
- March 7, 2018 – 4Culture Art Projects grants deadline (fuels the experiences, sights, and sounds that make up the cultural fabric of King County)
- March 12, 2018 – ArtsWA Level A grant deadline (budgets under $200K)
- March 12, 2018 – Artist Trust Twining Humber Award application deadline
- March 15, 2018 – Ladies Musical Club Frances Walton Competition solo/chamber application deadline
- March 20, 2018 – Fremont Bridge composer/musician in residence application deadline
- April 23, 2018 – ArtsWA Level B grant deadline (budgets $200K-$1M)
- April 30, 2018 – Allied Arts Foundation Music by Women grant application deadline
- April 30, 2018 – Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute 2018 registration deadline
- May 28, 2018 – ArtsWA Level C grant deadline (budgets over $1M)
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to email@example.com)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.