In this edition: An epic event-a-thon, organ trail, local media & grant deadlines, and more!
We evented, epically
e·vent, vb 1. The act of submitting events to the Live Music Project calendar.
We had an epic volunteer event-a-thon last weekend! 7 volunteers submitted 100 events in 4 hours, joining the efforts of dozens of organizations already submitting their performances to the calendar. It’s not all visible yet, but we should have the full season on our calendar in the coming weeks.
Channelling a bit of Magic Schoolbus wizardry, we took several thousand people into the guts of a pipe organ and watched with amazement as the bellows and trackers danced to music played by Susanna Valleau.
We felt your support!
A heartfelt thank you to our donors this month: Jessica Fredican, Mike Holzinger, Joachim Lyon, John Reale, and Kate Ross & Tim Schmuckal! And to our volunteers: Andrea, Brendan, Cam, Ellen, Emily, Gillian, Jon, Maggie, Marjorie, Nick, Philippa, Thomas, and Veronica. You rock! (Do you love the LMP? Join us as a volunteer or a donor!)
- The Seattle Office of Arts & Culture is hiring a half-time digital media specialist.
- KING FM is hiring for several positions – Webmaster and Internet Operations Manager, Accounting Manager, Membership Coordinator, and more!
- Bremerton Symphony seeks Principal Bassoon and Section Horn.
- Seattle Music Partners is seeking volunteer music tutors.
- Second Inversion launched a Women in (New) Music blog series: an ongoing exploration into the past, present, and future of feminism in classical music which invites female-identifying artists to share their own experiences.
- ECCHO (the Emerald City Chamber Music Organization) launched in September, providing weekly coaching to young chamber ensembles during middle and high school orchestra classes.
- Join Town Hall Seattle for a behind-the-scenes tour of their historic building on Thursday, October 13th at 11am, complete with an outline for how they have envisioned it for the future.
- New Music Happy Hour returns on October 27, 5:30 pm at Queen Anne Beerhall.
- October 1 – CityArts calendar (November issue) submission deadline
- October 6 – Seattle Magazine January print calendar submission deadline
- October 17(ish) – Seattle Times 2016 Holiday Entertainment Guide submission deadline
- October 19 – 4Culture Arts Sustained Support Grant application deadline
- October 19 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture Neighborhood and Community Arts Grant application deadline
- October 19 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture Arts in Parks Program Grant application deadline
- November 2 – CityArts calendar (holiday issue) submission deadline
- November 2 – The Stranger: Seattle Art & Performance (winter issue) submission deadline
- Rolling – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Rolling – Seattle Times calendar (digital and print); submit 14 days in advance
- Rolling – Seattle Met digital calendar; submit 2-4 weeks in advance
- Rolling – LMP calendar submission deadline is 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend digest is Wednesdays @ 5pm
- Rolling – Spontaneous Free Tickets may be donated up to 1 day prior to performance date
To receive this LMP monthly community update by email, subscribe to our newsletter and select “LMP & community news.”
Submit announcements for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month.