Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Announcements – December 2017
- Town Hall Seattle is seeking a Town Hall Resident to help co-curate events.
- KEXP is hiring an executive assistant and show producer / project manager for the Afternoon Show.
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring a school accompanist, corporate relations manager, operations assistant, and more.
- Breath of Aire, an all-volunteer choir, is looking for tenors.
- Seattle Festival Orchestra is holding auditions for all strings (especially cello and bass) and oboe.
- KING FM is hiring a major gifts officer, an account executive, and a senior account executive.
- The Seattle Times is seeking a full-time staff music writer who can provide outstanding coverage of the Pacific Northwest popular music scene.
- December 1, 2017 – Shunpike’s final 2017 fiscal sponsorship application cycle ends
- December 1, 2017 – 2018 Female Band Composition Competition submission deadline
- February 9, 2018 – Young Artists Competition of Bremerton Symphonyapplication deadline
- March 7, 2018 – 4Culture Art Projects grants deadline (fuels the experiences, sights, and sounds that make up the cultural fabric of King County)
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets 7-10 days prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.