Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Announcements – November 2017
- Music of Remembrance is now taking applications for a full-time administrative specialist
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring an administrative assistant, a school accompanist, and certified pilates instructors.
- Seattle Music Partners seeks volunteer instrumental music instructors for youth program.
- Cornish Playhouse at Seattle Center is looking for volunteers with a passion for the performing arts to support hundreds of performances year-round. Interested? Email email@example.com.
- The Northwest Boychoir – recognized as one of the nation’s premier children’s choral programs – is holding auditions.
- Breath of Aire is a Pacific Northwest (all volunteer) choir looking for tenors.
- Seattle Festival Orchestra is holding auditions for all strings, especially violin & bass.
- KING FM is hiring a major gifts officer and a senior account executive.
- Town Hall Seattle is seeking a part-time digital media assistant to film and live-stream programs and to assist in updating web-based media content.
- The Seattle Times is seeking a full-time staff music writer who can provide outstanding coverage of the Pacific Northwest popular music scene.
- November 3, 2017 – NUMUS Northwest proposal submission deadline (workshops, panels, and performances showcasing the past, present, and future of contemporary classical music)
- November 15, 2017 – Russian Chamber Music Foundation of Seattle annual competition submission deadline
- November 16, 2017 – Vox16 call for scores deadline. Vox16 is a Seattle-based chamber choir that performs a cappella vocal music
- November 29, 2017 – 4Culture Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline (unrestricted funding for rent, childcare, transportation; applicants must be artists with physical, developmental, cognitive, intellectual, and/or emotional disabilities)
- December 1, 2017 – Shunpike’s final 2017 fiscal sponsorship application cycle ends
- December 1, 2017 – 2018 Female Band Composition Competition submission deadline
- Rolling – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Rolling – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Rolling – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Rolling – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.