Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions & announcements – April 2018
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet announces local/open auditions for Principal Trumpet, to be held at McCaw Hall (Seattle) on April 19, 2018.
- The 48-Hour Composition Competition (48CC) seeks composers and performers for April 14 show at Gallery 1412.
- The Seattle Opera seeks African-American performers interested in auditioning for the chorus of Porgy and Bess (show dates in summer 2018).
- The Seattle Opera’s The Youth Opera Project will hold placement auditions on June 14 & 16, 2018. Ages 7-18, no prior experience necessary.
- Breath of Aire, an all-volunteer choir, is looking for tenors.
- Sound of Late is hosting a call for collaborators to identify teams of composers to present as part of their 2018–2019 season in Portland and Seattle.
- West Seattle Community Orchestras (WSCO) seeks a new (paid) Orchestra Manager. For more info, email contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music & Arts seeks full-time Education Sales Reps to work directly with school music programs throughout Western Washington.
- St. James Cathedral is hiring a full-time Associate Director of Music with competence in choral directing and keyboard performance. Position closes April 15, 2018.
- Young Musicians & Artists summer camp in Salem, OR is now accepting applications for youth musicians grades 4 through 12.
- April 1, 2018 – Kaleidescope Chamber Orchestra Instrumental & Vocal Competition application deadline (roundtrip airfare to LA + housing, open to performers of all ages, around the world)
- April 23, 2018 – ArtsWA Level B grant deadline (budgets $200K-$1M)
- April 30, 2018 – Allied Arts Foundation Music by Women grant application deadline
- April 30, 2018 – Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute 2018 registration deadline
- April 30, 2018 – Newcombe Foundation instrument grant for studentsapplication deadline
- May 28, 2018 – ArtsWA Level C grant deadline (budgets over $1M)
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets submission deadline; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
- Ongoing – ArtsWA Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window (budgets under $25K)
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to email@example.com)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.