Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, & announcements
- Auburn Symphony Orchestra is hiring an executive director.
- West Seattle Community Orchestras (WSCO) is in search of its next Symphony Orchestra conductor. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gallery Concerts, a non-profit organization presenting baroque and classical concerts, seeks a part-time administrative director.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid development associate starting immediately.
- Town Hall Seattle seeks an institutional giving manager to lead and grow its portfolio of foundation, corporate, and government partners in close collaboration with the development director.
- City Arts Magazine welcomes applications for their events team (paid hourly).
- Music & Arts seeks full-time education sales representatives to work directly with school music programs throughout Western Washington.
- Seattle Wind Symphony is holding auditions for oboe / clarinet / bari sax / string bass for regular membership (and ongoing sub-list positions).
- Northwest Mahler Festival is seeking musicians: strings, winds, percussion, and harp.
- Operamuse is holding auditions on June 8th in West Seattle.
- The Seattle Opera Youth Opera Project will hold placement auditions on June 14 & 16, 2018; all applicants age 7-18 will be accepted, regardless of skill level (no prior experience necessary).
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for fall enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- Vocalpoint! Seattle will hold Girls Prep auditions on June 2, 2018.
- Tuned In! chamber music festival is now accepting applications for students ages 13-24 (July 9-14 at Haller Lake United Methodist Church, financial aid available).
- Cascade Symphony is looking for a 2nd Clarinet and strong amateur violinists and violists for the 2018-2019 season (auditions on June 11), as well as Principal 2nd Violin and Principal Cello (auditions on July 23).
- Seattle Chamber Music Society seeks volunteer concert ushers for the 2018 Summer Festival in July – join us for world-class music at Benaroya Hall!
- Thalia Allied Artists Music Library seeks rental space for its large collection of scores and parts.
- Announcing the launch of the first annual Cascade Conducting Masterclass at Pacific Lutheran University with Symphony Tacoma music director Sarah Ioannides (June 25-29, 2018).
- June 4, 2018 – Mayor’s Arts Awards nominations submission deadline
- June 11, 2018 – American Composers Orchestra New Music Readings call for scores application deadline (no fee)
- June 25, 2018 – Artist Trust grants for artist projects application deadline
- July 2018 – NEA Art Works: Local Arts Agencies application window
- July 11, 2018 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture CityArtist Projects application deadline (workshops on 6/20 & 7/9)
- July 28, 2018 – Robert Chinn Foundation grant application deadline (opens July 10)
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – ArtsWA Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – to submit to Current or the print calendar, send event details to email@example.com
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.