Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions & announcements – March 2018
- St. James Cathedral seeks a full-time Associate Director of Music with competence in choral directing and keyboard performance.
- The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra invites musicians to apply for the 2018 Bushell Concerto Competition, now through March 18.
- Seattle Symphony is holding auditions for section viola.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a boy soprano for the role of Miles in Benjamin Britten’s The Turn of the Screw (auditions March 3) and volunteer male supernumeraries to play soldiers in Aida.
- KEXP is seeking an outreach coordinator and part-time social media assistant.
- Town Hall seeks a development coordinator and a special events coordinator.
- KING FM is seeking a part-time board operator.
- Sound of Late is hosting a call for collaborators to identify teams of composers to present as part of their 2018–2019 season in Portland and Seattle.
- The Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring a school accompanist.
- Breath of Aire, an all-volunteer choir, is looking for tenors.
- February 1, 2018 – ArtsWA Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- March 5, 2018 – Artist Trust Fellowships application deadline
- March 7, 2018 – 4Culture Art Projects grants deadline (fuels the experiences, sights, and sounds that make up the cultural fabric of King County)
- March 12, 2018 – ArtsWA Level A grant deadline (budgets under $200K)
- March 12, 2018 – Artist Trust Twining Humber Award application deadline
- March 15, 2018 – Ladies Musical Club Frances Walton Competition solo/chamber application deadline
- March 20, 2018 – Fremont Bridge composer/musician in residence application deadline
- April 23, 2018 – ArtsWA Level B grant deadline (budgets $200K-$1M)
- April 30, 2018 – Allied Arts Foundation Music by Women grant application deadline
- April 30, 2018 – Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute 2018 registration deadline
- May 28, 2018 – ArtsWA Level C grant deadline (budgets over $1M)
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – submit 6 weeks ahead for the online/print calendar (and/or send releases to email@example.com)
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.