Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions & announcements – May 2018
- Music of Remembrance seeks an Administrative Specialist responsible for ensuring the efficient and reliable functioning of MOR’s office operations.
- Pacific Northwest Ballet seeks an Assistant Craft Teacher for the FRC Summer Dance Workshop.
- Cascade Symphony is looking for a 2nd Clarinet and strong amateur violinists and violists for the 2018-2019 season (auditions on June 11), as well as Principal 2nd Violin and Principal Cello (auditions on July 23).
- Seattle Symphony is hiring an Assistant to Vice President & General Manager (deadline for applications: May 4, 2018)
- Opera on Tap is holding auditions for their Seattle/Tacoma roster. Auditions are May 29 & 30 (applications are due on May 21).
- Breath of Aire, an all-volunteer choir, is looking for tenors.
- Young Musicians & Artists summer camp in Salem, OR is accepting applications for youth musicians grades 4 through 12.
- May 28, 2018 – ArtsWA Level C grant deadline (budgets over $1M)
- June 25, 2018 – Artist Trust grants for artist projects application deadline (opens May 21)
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – ArtsWA Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets; contribute tickets up to 1 week prior to performance date
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – to submit to Current or the print calendar, send event details to email@example.com
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.