Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Music Center of the Northwest, a non-profit community music school, seeks an executive director as well as a music director for Around the Sound Community Band.
- Early Music Seattle seeks a full-time marketing director.
- Northwest Folklife seeks a programs coordinator to work closely with many cultural communities and performers.
- Seattle Opera is accepting applications for the director of programs & partnerships, school programs stage manager, education stage manager, youth and family programs manager, direct sales supervisor, audience services lead representative, technical director, stewardship and events associate, direct sales and telefunding representative, and seven different internships.
- KEXP is hiring a specialty show DJ for Audioasis, Seattle’s longest running local music show.
- The Seattle Flute Society seeks an interim director for the fall session of the SFS Flute Choir, September to December 2018.
- The Seattle Symphony is accepting applications for the following positions: senior manager of creative projects & community engagement, stewardship events officer, facilities coordinator, graphic designer, part-time ticket services associate, and multiple internships.
- Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra is currently seeking a part-time, paid development coordinator.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid development-marketing associate starting immediately.
- Town Hall Seattle seeks an institutional giving manager, front of house lead, event lead, and 2018 elections correspondent.
- Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring for the following positions: DanceChance manager, community education teaching artist apprentice, master carpenter, school accompanist, DCM sales representative, and certified pilates instructor.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth symphony music director, office & operations manager, youth chorale director, stage assistant, and direct sales associates.
- Seattle Symphony is holding auditions for section viola.
- Seattle Bach Choir welcomes singers to audition in September of 2018.
- Seattle Pro Musica holds auditions for all voice parts in August.
- Northwest Chamber Chorus is auditioning for new members.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for fall enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- Cascade Symphony annual auditions will be held in August.
- Seattle Chamber Singers are holding auditions for new vocalists, especially tenors and basses.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is seeking to fill the following symphony personnel positions: assistant concertmaster, all string sections – section musician, clarinet – assistant principal, clarinet – section musician, horn – section musician, percussion – assistant principal/lead, percussion – section musician, subs for all instrumental positions.
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus is holding auditions for experienced choral singers (August 7).
- Seattle Festival Orchestra seeks community musicians for principal oboe, principal trumpet, section trumpet, and strings for the 2018-19 season.
- Seattle Wind Symphony holds ongoing auditions for regular membership and sub-list positions.
- Seattle Collaborative Orchestra (SCO) will be holding auditions for student and community musicians via video link or by live audition on September 8.
- Bremerton Symphony Orchestra will hold auditions for a concertmaster as well as local and regional musicians with experience on August 30.
- Bremerton Symphony Chorale seeks volunteer chorus members of all voice types.
- Seattle Choral Company is holding auditions through the summer.
- Thalia Allied Artists Music Library seeks a rental space for its large collection of scores and parts.
- 4Culture has open artist calls for Gallery 4Culture, Storefront Media Gallery, and Touring Arts Roster Auditions.
- August 9, 2018 – NEA: Our Town (creative placemaking grants program) part I deadline.
- August 17, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: Creative Equity Fund application deadline.
- August 30, 2018 – 4Culture: Creative Consultancies application deadline.
- August 31, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: Birkenfeld Memorial Trust Fundapplication deadline
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture: Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000.)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – send event details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.