Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- ArtsFund is currently accepting applications for the position of vice president of development.
- Everett Philharmonic Orchestra is looking for a part-time assistant general manager/GM trainee starting July 2019.
- The Port Townsend Summer Band is seeking a director/conductor/guest conductors for our 2020 summer season.
- The University of Washington Department of Dance is seeking a design and costume coordinator for the 2019-20 academic year.
- On the Boards is accepting applications for a communications associate.
- The Lake Washington Symphony Orchestra seeks an educational outreach director for a part time, two month position, starting in September.
- Seattle Arts & Lectures is looking for a people-centered, mission-driven, goal-motivated, data savvy, reading-and-writing enthusiast to be a donor relations associate.
- The Seattle Chamber Singers will hold auditions for all voice types on Saturday, August 24, or by private appointment.
- Seattle Pro Musica is looking for extraordinary singers of all voice types to join them for the 2019-20 season.
- The Seattle Bach Choir has openings for tenors and basses; auditions for the 2019-2020 season will be held on August 27.
- Seattle Girls Choir is auditioning for a new advanced ensemble, Sorella, which will focus on contemporary music.
- The Seattle Collaborative Orchestra will hold student and community musician auditions on August 17 for their 2019-2020 season.
- Bellevue Youth Choirs seeks youth of all ages to join the 2019-20 season.
- The Cascade Symphony Orchestra announces openings for violin, viola and cello.
- Bremerton Symphony Orchestra will hold auditions for local and regional musicians with experience on August 29th.
- Philharmonia Northwest is holding auditions on August 15th for violin, viola, and double bass players for the upcoming season.
- Classical KING FM 98.1 is looking for a station relations coordinator, an assistant program director, and database & reporting analyst.
- Northwest Chamber Chorus holds auditions by appointment Sunday, August 25, 1:00-4:00pm. Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church, Seattle.
- Seattle Music Partners seeks band and orchestra teaching artists for 2019-’20 school year.
- Henry Bischofberger Violins is seeking a string instrument repair specialist with technical training or relevant experience with violins, violas, and cellos for a part-time weekend position in their violin shop in Kirkland.
- ACT Theatre seeks to grow its current roster of teaching artists for the Young Playwrights Program.
- The 5th Avenue Theatre is hiring an assistant company manager for the 2019-2020 season.
- Seattle Opera is seeking an assistant stage manager for the Youth Opera Project; an institutional giving associate; a graphic designer; a PT retail sales assistant; a pool of scenic, costume, and lighting designers; an assistant production manager; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- The Sammamish Symphony has openings for volunteer musicians in several sections, especially violas and violins.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring a publicist, a building engineer 3, sales and fundraising representatives, and ushers.
- Cascadian Chorale is auditioning singers, especially tenors through August for their 2019-2020 season which begins September 2019.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, oboe (section), percussion (section) and all string section instruments in September 2019.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a part-time house manager.
- Community Arts Create (CAC) is looking for volunteers in communications, development, and projects & events.
- The Roost Apartments, a new micro-housing building designed to serve the needs of the local arts community, will have vacancies starting August 1st for both market rate and MFTE units.
- August 14, 2019 – National Endowment for the Arts: The Media Projects Production Grants application deadline
- August 30, 2019 – Centurm artist residencies at Fort Worden application due
- August 30, 2019 – Corporation for National and Community Service RSVP program competition notice of intent to apply deadline
- August 31, 2019 – Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts artist residencies application due
- October 1, 2019 – GKV Foundation: “Big Ideas” letters of interest due
- October 1, 2019 – Indianapolis Women’s Chorus: women’s choral composition contest submission due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- November 20, 2019 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- December 9, 2019 – Artist Trust: Arts Innovator Award application deadline
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, we do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to us. The best way to submit that information is via email: email@example.com
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.