Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Northwest Folklife is hiring a community relations & fundraising lead and offers several internships.
- Seattle Opera is casting a 9-10 year old boy to play young Steve Jobs for the opera: “The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs” to be performed in Feb.-Mar. 2019.
- Seattle Opera is seeking an assistant production manager, audience services representative, and offers several internships.
- The Seattle Symphony is holding auditions for section bass.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring a development coordinator (major gifts), part-time ticket services associate, and sales and fundraising representatives.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid administrative specialist starting as soon as December 2018.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth chorale director and stage assistant.
- The Seattle Philharmonic seeks strong violinists, violists, and cellists to audition: come be a part of a fun, dynamic orchestra.
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church is searching for a director of music + worship.
- Rain City Symphony, meeting in North Seattle, seeks string bass players.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for January enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra and Adam Stern, conductor and music director, announced openings for talented and dedicated volunteer musicians in several sections for our 2018-2019 season and are also lookingfor volunteers to help with day-of concert lobby activities.
- Gallery Concerts is seeking board members and volunteers to usher.
- Southland Ensemble is excited to announce a call for scores for the 2018/2019 concert season.
- January 15, 2019 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor application deadline
- March 4, 2019 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application deadline
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.