Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- KEXP seeks an afternoon show producer & project manager.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a communications and marketing director.
- Seattle Opera is seeking an associate director of artistic planning; a marketing & communications assistant; a PT retail sales assistant; a pool of scenic, costume, and lighting designers; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring a vice president of artistic planning; a development coordinator for corporate relations and institutional giving; an administrative assistant; a major gift officer; a family and community program manager; an assistant sales manager; and more.
- The Seattle Chamber Singers will hold auditions for all voice types on Saturday morning, January 4, 2020.
- Seattle Symphony announces auditions for two section viola positions.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking to sponsor professional classical string, brass or percussion ensembles that are progressive, with ALL members dedicated to performing, recording and educational/community outreach.
- Orchestra Seattle currently has openings for oboe and English horn and hearing sub auditions for all string instruments, French horn, trumpet and percussion.
- Seattle Opera will be holding auditions for one child tumbler/acrobat for its upcoming production of La bohème.
- The Northwest Boychoir is now scheduling tryouts for boys who love to sing!
- Cascadian Chorale is currently auditioning for singers of all voice parts with year-round start dates possible.
- Seattle Choral Company is auditioning qualified singers during the month of December for the balance of their current season.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, oboe (section), flute (section), clarinet (sections), percussion (section), and all string section instruments.
- Community Noise wants to play your music on FM radio at KBFG 107.3; this local, all-volunteer radio station brings the world to our neighborhood.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking board members who have skill in grant writing, business development, financial skills, and a love of chamber music.
- Live Music Project is currently looking for volunteers to join our Calendar Squad.
- December 1, 2019 – Crybaby Studios: Studio Space Grant application due
- December 9, 2019 – Classics for Kids Foundation: Matching Grant Program application deadline
- December 31, 2019 – Artist Trust: Arts Innovator Award application deadline
- January 12, 2020 – Foris Choir: Call for Scores submissions due
- February 9, 2020 – Centrum: Artists-In-Residence applications due
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, they do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to them. The best way to submit that information is via email: email@example.com
The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.