Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- KEXP is accepting applications for a live performances booking coordinator & midday show assistant.
- Seattle Collaborative Orchestra seeks awesome violin, cello, bass, and trombone players to join our diverse, multigenerational performing arts organization dedicated to diversity in symphonic classical music.
- Northwest Folklife is hiring a community relations & fundraising lead and offers both youth & family programs and performer experience internships.
- Bach in the Subways has schedule openings for musicians to perform on March 23rd and 24th.
- Pacific Sound Chorus, an energetic and fun group of women who love singing 4 part a cappella harmony, is searching for their next director.
- The Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute is accepting applications from active conductors and auditors.
- Key To Change is looking for a donor and event manager.
- Seattle Opera is seeking designers, an accounts payable/receivable associate, a wardrobe head, an assistant production manager, box office representatives, and audience services representatives.
- Seattle Opera is now accepting audition inquiries for the next open chorus auditions for the supplemental chorus roster in March 2019.
- The Seattle Symphony is holding auditions for associate concertmaster & assistant concertmaster.
- The Seattle Symphony is seeking a payroll & benefits administrator, part-time ticket services associate, sales and fundraising representatives, and a public relations intern.
- University of Washington is looking for a finance director for the Meany Center for the Performing Arts.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth chorale director and stage assistant.
- Seattle Rock Orchestra announced their summer intensive for middle and high school band, orchestra, and choir students.
- The Seattle Philharmonic seeks a principal percussionist, cellist, and
all other string players to audition: come be a part of a fun, dynamic orchestra.
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church is searching for a director of music + worship.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra and Adam Stern, conductor and music director, announced openings for talented and dedicated volunteer musicians in several sections for our 2018-2019 season and are also lookingfor volunteers to help with day-of concert lobby activities.
- Gallery Concerts is seeking board members and volunteers to usher.
- March 4, 2019 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application deadline
- March 15, 2019 – Nief-Norf (Knoxville, TN): Ideas Summit call for proposalsdue
- April 5, 2019 – Chamber Music America: Classical Commissioning Programgrant application deadline.
- April 15, 2019 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor application deadline
- April 30, 2019 – The Newcombe Foundation: Instrument Grant applications deadline
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.