Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- ArtsFund is looking for a chief executive officer.
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is hiring a chief operating officer and looking for event and fund drive volunteers.
- Path with Art seeks an associate development director.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a properties assistant; web producer and designer; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- Seattle Symphony is hiring an individual giving coordinator; facilities director; ticket services associate; and ushers.
- Seattle Symphony announces auditions for contrabassoon/3rd bassoon with applications due by Friday, February 14th, 2020.
- Bachinthesubways Greater Seattle seeks volunteer musicians to perform original or arrangements of JS Bach’s music in public spaces March 19-25, 2020.
- The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra is accepting applications from performers of Baroque and Classical works for the 75th annual Don Bushell Concerto Competition.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking to sponsor a professional classical brass ensemble that is progressive, with ALL members dedicated to performing, recording and educational/community outreach.
- Through February 17, Bellevue Youth Choirs is recruiting youth ages 9-18 to learn musicianship skills in a joyful, supportive community.
- Sammamish Symphony is now accepting applications for their annual Youth Concerto Competition to be held Saturday, March 21, 2020 in Redmond, WA.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, clarinet assistant principal/section, percussion (section), and all string section instruments.
- Community Noise wants to play your music on FM radio at KBFG 107.3; this local, all-volunteer radio station brings the world to our neighborhood.
- Artists Up is pleased to offer Mentorly Scholarships to artists living in Washington State who would like to elevate their practice, learn more about a certain skill, or explore a new field by receiving one-on-one coaching from another artist.
- KEXP has six open internship programs in the areas of software development, morning show producer, audio post-production, and more.
- Seattle Opera is pleased to announce a new internship program in collaboration with TeenTix, set for Summer 2020. This six-week internship will take place July 6–August 14 (with some flexibility).
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking energetic and positive persons who have a passion for collaborative classical ensemble music and are willing to donate time in the capacity of events management, fundraising and grant writing.
- Live Music Project is currently looking for volunteer calendar editors, volunteer flyer distributors, volunteer researchers, and volunteer full-stack engineers interested in tech-for-good.
- February 29, 2020 – Creative Capital: Creative Capital Awards applications due
- February 29, 2020 – The Chelsea Symphony: Call for Scores deadline
- March 1, 2020 – Millay Colony for the Arts: Residency application due
- March 1, 2020 – Ucross Foundation: Residency application due
- March 1, 2020 – Guild of Carillonneurs in North America: Ronald Barnes Memorial grant for North American carillon performance, composition, music history or instrument design applications due
- March 7, 2020 – ACRE: Residency applications due
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- March 16, 2020 – Rockland Residency: Fall 2020 Call to Artists ends
- March 31, 2020 – Boston New Music Initiative: Call for Scores deadline
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, they do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to them. The best way to submit that information is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to email@example.com
Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.