Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Olympia Symphony Orchestra seeks a dynamic and experienced music director for a position beginning with the 2021-2022 concert season.
- ArtsFund is looking for a chief executive officer and a luncheon coordinator.
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is hiring a chief operating officer and looking for event and fund drive volunteers.
- Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council has an open positions for an arts education manager and an outreach & development director.
- Path with Art seeks an associate development director.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a communications and marketing director as well as a program director.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a PT retail sales assistant; a pool of scenic, costume, and lighting designers; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- Seattle Symphony is hiring a vice president of artistic planning, ticket services associate, and ushers.
- Seattle Pro Musica seeks a full-time operations and administrative associate to start ASAP.
- 4Culture is hiring an experienced receptionist to provide a welcoming, efficient, and secure office and exhibition environment.
- Seattle Symphony announces auditions for contrabassoon/3rd bassoon with applications due by Friday, February 14th, 2020.
- Bachinthesubways Greater Seattle seeks volunteer musicians to perform original or arrangements of JS Bach’s music in public spaces March 19-25, 2020.
- Ave Renaissance Women’s Choir is holding auditions for new singers for a performance of Faure’s Requiem.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking to sponsor professional classical string, brass or percussion ensembles that are progressive, with ALL members dedicated to performing, recording and educational/community outreach.
- Seattle Opera is looking for children 9-14 years of age who have unchanged voices (treble voices only) for its mainstage production of Pagliacci. Both boys and girls encouraged to audition.
- Throughout January, Bellevue Youth Choirs is recruiting youth ages 4-18 to learn musicianship skills in a joyful, supportive community.
- Cascadian Chorale is currently auditioning for singers of all voice parts with year-round start dates possible.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, oboe (section), flute (section), clarinet (sections), percussion (section), and all string section instruments.
- Community Noise wants to play your music on FM radio at KBFG 107.3; this local, all-volunteer radio station brings the world to our neighborhood.
- Artists Up is pleased to offer Mentorly Scholarships to artists living in Washington State who would like to elevate their practice, learn more about a certain skill, or explore a new field by receiving one-on-one coaching from another artist.
- KEXP has six open internship programs in the areas of software development, morning show producer, audio post-production, and more.
- Seattle Opera is pleased to announce a new internship program in collaboration with TeenTix, set for Summer 2020. This six-week internship will take place July 6–August 14 (with some flexibility).
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking board members who have skill in grant writing, business development, financial skills, and a love of chamber music.
- Live Music Project is currently looking for volunteer calendar editors, volunteer flyer distributors, volunteer researchers, and volunteer full-stack engineers interested in tech-for-good.
- February 9, 2020 – Centrum: Artists-In-Residence applications due
- March 1, 2020 – Millay Colony for the Arts: Residency application due
- March 7, 2020 – ACRE: Residency applications due
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- March 16, 2020 – Rockland Residency: Fall 2020 Call to Artists ends
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, they do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to them. The best way to submit that information is via email: email@example.com
The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.