Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Music Center of the Northwest, a non-profit community music school, seeks an executive director.
- Northwest Folklife seeks a programs coordinator to work closely with many cultural communities and performers.
- Seattle Opera is accepting applications for the audience services lead representative; technical director; senior communications manager; stewardship and events associate; and direct sales & telefunding representative.
- KING FM seeks a development coordinator.
- The Seattle Symphony is accepting applications for the following positions: senior manager of creative projects & community engagement; annual fund coordinator, and part-time ticket services associate.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid development associate starting immediately.
- Town Hall Seattle seeks an institutional giving manager.
- Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring for the following positions: Children’s Division teacher (part time); master carpenter; school accompanist; DCM sales representative; and certified pilates instructor.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a music director; director; and stage assistant.
- City Arts is hiring a marketing and communications specialist
- West Seattle Community Orchestras (WSCO) is in search of its next Symphony Orchestra conductor.
- Seattle Festival Orchestra, a community orchestra of experienced musicians, announces auditions for the position of concertmaster.
- The Seattle Choral Company is holding auditions through the summer.
- Seattle Pro Musica holds auditions for all voice parts in August.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for fall enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- Northwest Mahler Festival is seeking musicians: strings, winds, percussion, and harp.
- Cascade Symphony has openings for principal trombone, principal cello, and principal 2nd violin, with auditions on July 23rd.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is seeking to fill the following symphony personnel positions: string bass, section horn, section trumpet, all other section strings, and sub positions for all instrumental positions.
- Seattle Festival Orchestra seeks community musicians for principal oboe, principal trumpet, section trumpet, and strings for the 2018-19 season.
- Seattle Wind Symphony is holding auditions for oboe / clarinet / bari sax / string bass for regular membership (and ongoing sub-list positions).
- Bremerton Symphony Orchestra will hold auditions for local and regional musicians with experience on August 30.
- Gallery Concerts classical chamber music non-profit organization seeks board members.
- Thalia Allied Artists Music Library seeks a rental space for its large collection of scores and parts.
- 4Culture provides a financial incentive to book roster performers; sign up for the 4Culture Touring Arts Roster and check out the Presenter Incentive Program.
- July 2018 – NEA Art Works: Local Arts Agencies application window
- July 2, 2018 – Youth Arts Grants application deadline
- July 11, 2018 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture CityArtist Projects application deadline (workshop on 7/9)
- July 19, 2018 – Cultural Facilities Fund application deadline (supporting pre-capital, capital, and post-capital project expenses that address more racially equitable access)
- August 31, 2018 – Birkenfeld Memorial Trust Fund at Seattle Foundation application deadline
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- Ongoing – ArtsWA Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Community 4Culture grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – to submit to Current or the print calendar, send event details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.