Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- The Cascade Symphony Orchestra, based in Edmonds, Washington, is searching for an executive director beginning in the fall of 2019.
- North Corner Chamber Orchestra seeks a part-time (20% FTE) paid executive director starting in August 2019.
- Seattle Girls Choir (SGC) is looking to hire a high-energy, charismatic, and dynamic leader to serve as the new part-time executive director (30 hrs/week).
- Everett Philharmonic Orchestra is looking for a part-time assistant general manager/GM trainee starting July 2019.
- Philharmonia Northwest is holding auditions on August 15th for violin, viola, and double bass players for the upcoming season.
- The Port Townsend Summer Band is seeking a director/conductor/guest conductors for our 2020 summer season.
- Seattle Historical Arts for Kids is hiring a skilled part-time administrator to start in July/August 2019.
- 4Culture is hiring an experienced deputy director.
- Music of Remembrance (MOR) seeks a creative, energetic Development Specialist to generate funding for MOR’s artistic projects and its operations.
- Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestra (SYSO) is looking for a director of development and external relations.
- Coyote Central is accepting applications for a part-time development coordinator.
- The Seattle Collaborative Orchestra will hold student and community musician auditions on August 17 for their 2019-2020 season.
- Byron Schenkman & Friends seeks a part-time marketing & operations assistant.
- The Cascade Symphony Orchestra announces openings for violin, viola and cello.
- Seattle Pro Musica is hiring a full-time operations and administrative associate starting in July 2019.
- Classical KING FM 98.1 is looking for a station relations coordinator.
- Northwest Chamber Chorus holds auditions by appointment Sunday, August 25, 1:00-4:00pm. Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church, Seattle.
- Seattle Music Partners seeks band and orchestra teaching artists for 2019-’20 school year.
- Northwest Mahler Festival has openings for musicians in strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion sections.
- Henry Bischofberger Violins is seeking a string instrument repair specialist with technical training or relevant experience with violins, violas, and cellos for a part-time weekend position in their violin shop in Kirkland.
- Little Green Light is hiring a customer support representative who is passionate about helping nonprofits succeed at managing their data.
- The Seattle Choral Company is auditioning singers during June and July for their 2019-2020 season.
- Cornish College of the Arts seeks a grants and foundation relations manager.
- Seattle Rep is hiring a patron services manager, marketing and communications assistant, and graphic design assistant.
- Seattle Women’s Jazz Orchestra (SWOJO) is seeking new board members with a passion for jazz and showcasing female musicians.
- United Way of King County is hiring an events & advertising program manager.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a graphic designer; music director for the 2019/20 Youth Opera Project; a part-time sales assistant; head of properties/properties master; scenic, costume, and lighting designers; assistant production manager; and audience services representatives.
- The Sammamish Symphony has openings for volunteer musicians in several sections, especially violas and violins.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring for the following positions: vice president of development, publicist, sales and fundraising representatives, and usher.
- Cascadian Chorale is auditioning singers, especially tenors, from now through August for their 2019-2020 season which begins September 2019.
- Seattle Girls Choir is holding auditions for new advanced ensemble, Sorella, which will focus on contemporary music.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal string bass, oboe (section), trumpet (section), percussion (section) and all string section instruments in June and September 2019.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a patron services associate and part-time house manager.
- Community Arts Create (CAC) is looking for volunteers in communications, development, and projects & events.
- July 1, 2019 – Aaron Copland Fund for Music: Performance Program applications due
- July 9, 2019 – NAS: Creative Community Fellows applications due
- July 15, 2019 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) application deadline
- July 15, 2019 – Jubilation Foundation: 2019 Music and Dance Projectsapplication due
- July 15, 2019 – Artist Trust: LaSalle Storyteller Award application due
- October 1, 2019 – GKV Foundation: “Big Ideas” letters of interest due
- October 1, 2019 – Indianapolis Women’s Chorus: women’s choral composition contest submission due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- November 20, 2019 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000) and Neighbor to Neighbor Grants
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, we do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to us. The best way to submit that information is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to email@example.com
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.