Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- KEXP is accepting applications for a volunteer engagement manager.
- Seattle Collaborative Orchestra seeks awesome violin, cello, bass, and trombone players to join our diverse, multigenerational performing arts organization dedicated to diversity in symphonic classical music. SCO is also looking for a dynamic development and marketing intern.
- Resonance at SOMA Towers is hiring a full-time event sales specialist.
- Coyote Central is looking for two experienced teaching artists, one visual and one performance, for Hit the Streets 2019.
- Nik Bartsch: The Essence of Music is holding a Tiny Orchestral Weekend Workshop on March 16th and 17th.
- Northwest Folklife is hiring a community relations & fundraising lead and offers a digital media & marketing internship and a development internship.
- Bach in the Subways has schedule openings for musicians to perform on March 23rd and 24th.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a patron services associate, patron services lead, part-time house manager, and house manager.
- Lotus Chamber Music Festival seeks string players and pianists to participate in a unique summer music festival that combines chamber music and holistic wellness.
- Pacific Sound Chorus, an energetic and fun group of women who love singing 4 part a cappella harmony, is searching for their next director.
- The Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute is accepting applications from active conductors and auditors.
- Key To Change is looking for a donor and event manager.
- Seattle Opera is seeking designers, an assistant production manager, box office representatives, audience services representatives as well as offering several internships.
- Seattle Opera is now accepting audition inquiries for the next open chorus auditions for the supplemental chorus roster in March 2019.
- The Seattle Symphony is seeking an assistant to music director + chorale manager + artistic liaison, data operations coordinator, ticket office coordinator, part-time ticket services associate, part-time marketing assistant, sales and fundraising representatives, resident technical staff – stage crew, and ushers.
- University of Washington is looking for a finance director for the Meany Center for the Performing Arts.
- Rain City Symphony Community Orchestra, meeting in North Seattle, seeksstring bass players.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth chorale director and stage assistant.
- Seattle Rock Orchestra is accepting registrations their summer intensive for middle and high school band, orchestra, and choir students.
- The Seattle Philharmonic seeks strong violinists, violists, and cellists to audition: come be a part of a fun, dynamic orchestra!
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church is searching for a director of music + worship.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestra (SYSO) invites alumni to register for the 75th anniversary alumni orchestra.
- Chamber Music Madness offers a one-day workshop for amateur adult musicians and student musicians age 13-24 to meet and play chamber music, March 16th, 2019, Haller Lake United Methodist Church.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra and Adam Stern, conductor and music director, announced openings for talented and dedicated volunteer musicians in several sections for our 2018-2019 season and are also lookingfor volunteers to help with day-of concert lobby activities.
- Two spaces available at Apex Co-op, Seattle. Tour and turn in an application by March 24th for consideration.
- Gallery Concerts is seeking board members and volunteers to usher.
- March 15, 2019 – Nief-Norf (Knoxville, TN): New Music Weekend Summit call for proposals due
- March 18, 2019 – Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra: Bushell Concerto Competition applications due
- March 18, 2019 – WAA Conference: Juried Showcase application deadline
- March 18, 2019 – Office of Arts & Culture: Youth Arts grants application deadline
- March 24, 2019 – KING FM: Young Artist Awards submissions due
- April 1, 2019 – Amphion Foundation: Performing Musical Ensemblesapplication deadline
- April 1, 2019 – Music of Remembrance: David Tonkonogui Memorial Awardapplications due
- April 5, 2019 – Fremont Arts Council: 2019 Dave McKay Parade Art Grants applications due
- April 5, 2019 – Chamber Music America: Classical Commissioning Programgrant application deadline
- April 15, 2019 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor application deadline
- April 15, 2019 – MacDowell Colony: Fall Artist Residencies application due
- April 30, 2019 – The Newcombe Foundation: Instrument Grant applications deadline
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- July 15, 2019 – Jubilation Foundation: 2019 Music and Dance Projectsapplication due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.