Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- ArtsFund is looking for a chief executive officer.
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is hiring a chief operating officer and looking for event and fund drive volunteers.
- Seattle Chamber Music Society seeks 2 seasonal marketing & community engagement coordinators for part-time, paid positions for May-July, working on the Music Under the Stars programs in 5 parks throughout the city.
- Artist Trust is seeking a program assistant and an operations coordinator.
- The Frye Art Museum is hiring a part-time visitor services representative (Sundays) who is responsible for greeting visitors, taking donations, selling memberships and ensuring that all visitors have a positive overall Museum experience.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a properties assistant; web producer and designer; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- Seattle Symphony is hiring an orchestra personnel manager; major gift officer; development operations coordinator; marketing assistant; facilities director; ticket services associate; and ushers.
- The 2020 Pacific Northwest Conducting Institute is accepting applications from music educators, student conductors, as well as seasoned professionals for their workshop August 3-8 on Whidbey Island.
- 4Culture invites artists to audition for the Touring Arts Roster on April 10 and 11, 2020.
- Bachinthesubways Greater Seattle seeks volunteer musicians to perform original or arrangements of JS Bach’s music in public spaces March 19-25, 2020.
- Seattle Philharmonic accepts applications submitted by March 14 for the 2020 Don Bushell Concerto Competition from local performers who wish to audition with Classical or Baroque works.
- Sammamish Symphony invites applications by March 8 for their annual Youth Concerto Competition to be held Saturday, March 21, 2020 in Redmond, WA.
- Cascadian Chorale is currently auditioning for singers of all voice parts with year-round start dates possible.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, clarinet assistant principal/section, percussion (section), and all string section instruments.
- Seattle Opera is pleased to announce a new internship program in collaboration with TeenTix, set for Summer 2020. This six-week internship will take place July 6–August 14 (with some flexibility).
- Neil Sussman’s popular tax workshop is back to guide artists and their attorneys through yet another season of gains, losses, formulas and forms. Learn all the basics you need, plus special tips and what’s new for your 2019 tax return.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking energetic and positive persons who have a passion for collaborative classical ensemble music and are willing to donate time in the capacity of events management, fundraising and grant writing.
- Live Music Project is currently looking for volunteer calendar editors, volunteer flyer distributors, LMP birthday party volunteers (May 4), volunteer researchers, and volunteer full-stack engineers interested in tech-for-good.
- Live Music Project is seeking a CPA for tax guidance. If you can volunteer a few hours of your time this month, please contact email@example.com.
- March 7, 2020 – ACRE: Residency applications due
- March 8, 2020 – Open AIR Opportunities: Residency application deadline
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- March 15, 2020 – Western Arts Alliance’s Annual Conference: Juried Showcase applications due
- March 16, 2020 – Rockland Residency: Fall 2020 Call to Artists ends
- March 20, 2020 – Bethany Arts Community: Residency applications due
- March 31, 2020 – Boston New Music Initiative: Call for Scores deadline
- April 1, 2020 – 2020 Amphion Grant Program: Performing Ensembles application due
- April 17, 2020 – NewMusicShelf: 2020 Call for Scores for B♭ Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn, Trumpet, Tuba, and Violin ends
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- November 1, 2020 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant applications due
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, they do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to them. The best way to submit that information is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to email@example.com
Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.