Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- ArtsFund is currently accepting applications for the position of chief executive officer through The 360 Group.
- Artist Trust is hiring a FT communications manager.
- Seattle Bach Choir seeks a new artistic director starting Fall 2019.
- Seattle Girls Choir (SGC) is looking to hire a high-energy, charismatic, and dynamic leader to serve as the new executive director (30 hrs/week).
- The Bellevue Chamber Chorus, a 30-voice SATB choral organization, is currently looking for a new part-time Artistic Director to start Fall 2019.
- Seattle Chamber Singers will hold auditions for all voice types on June 8, 2019.
- Seattle Women’s Jazz Orchestra (SWOJO) is seeking new board members with a passion for jazz and showcasing female musicians.
- The Seattle Foundation‘s philanthropic services team has an open positionfor a full-time development assistant.
- Rain City Rock Camp is seeking its first development & communication manager to further the strategic goals and mission of the organization.
- Seattle Opera is seeking designers, an assistant production manager, a marketing and communications coordinator, audience services representatives as well as offering several internships.
- The Sammamish Symphony has openings for volunteer musicians in several sections, especially violas and violins.
- Cascadian Chorale is auditioning singers, especially tenors, from now through August for our 2019-2020 season which begins September 2019.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is holding auditions for principal oboe, assistant principal clarinet/section, principal bass, oboe section, flute section, trumpet section, percussion section, all string sections and subs for all positions.
- KEXP is accepting applications for a part-time licensing & podcasting coordinator
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a patron services associate, patron services lead, part-time house manager, and house manager.
- Columbia Choirs is looking to hire a marketing and program coordinator.
- Seattle Opera will hold auditions for the Youth Opera Project on Thursday, May 30 & Saturday, June 1. Plus, auditions for the 2019/20 Teen Vocal Studioare on Saturday, May 18 and are open to current high school students (except graduating seniors).
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring for the following positions: vice president of development, controller, ticket office coordinator, part-time ticket services associate, discovery coordinators, and sales and fundraising representatives.
- Composer David Hahn seeks adventurous director for music video(s) for several recorded pieces, no time limit. Also seeking open choreographer (appreciative of styles like Pina Bausch, Merce, Butoh) for a 25-minute, multi-movement piece.
- Rain City Symphony Community Orchestra, meeting in North Seattle, seeksstring bass players.
- Second Inversion is offering a music journalism internship.
- May 1, 2019 – Cascade Conducting Master Class: full participant application due
- May 11 & 12, 2019 – 4Culture: Touring Arts Roster auditions
- May 15, 2019 – 4Culture: Cultural Equipment application due
- May 20, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects application available
- June 1, 2019 – Cascade Conducting Master Class: auditor application due
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- July 15, 2019 – Jubilation Foundation: 2019 Music and Dance Projects application due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- November 20, 2019 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000) and Neighbor to Neighbor Grants
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, we do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to us. The best way to submit that information is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to email@example.com
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.