Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Northwest Folklife is hiring a corporate & media relations coordinator and a community relations & fundraising lead.
- Seattle Opera is accepting applications for the position of associate director of development, technical director, assistant production manager, and audience services representative.
- Early Music Seattle seeks a full-time marketing director.
- Seattle Opera is seeking energetic singers of all voice types for the 2018–19 School Opera Tour production of Cinderella en España. Seattle Opera will also be holding dance auditions for its upcoming production of Carmen
- The Seattle Symphony is accepting applications for a digital marketing manager, vice president and CFO, major gift office, art director, and more.
- KEXP is looking to hire a development communications manager and a senior arts & public affairs producer.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid development-marketing associate starting immediately.
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is hiring a development coordinator.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth chorale director and stage assistant.
- Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestra invites alumni to a fall alumni social and encourages all alumni to reconnect with SYSO through their contact form.
- The Seattle Foundation seeks a chief impact officer, managing director of finance and strategic planning, payroll and accounting specialist, and more.
- Bellevue Presbyterian Church is searching for an administrative assistant for sanctuary music + worship.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for January enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music. Auditions for New Members – Saturday, November 3, 2018. Alternate dates available.
- The Ballard Civic Orchestra announces openings for paid principal strings and volunteer orchestra musicians.
- Music Center of the Northwest seeks a cello instructor.
- The Washington Wind Symphony is currently searching for musicians to fill harp, string bass, percussion, and bassoon positions.
- Chamber Music Madness seeks amateur adult musicians to play in their Day of Madness on November 10th.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra and Adam Stern, conductor and music director, announced openings for talented and dedicated volunteer musicians in several sections for our 2018-2019 season and are also lookingfor volunteers to help with day-of concert lobby activities.
- Gallery Concerts is seeking board members and volunteers to usher.
- Thalia Allied Artists Music Library seeks a rental space for its large collection of scores and parts.
- November 12, 2018 – Artist Trust: Arts Innovator Award application deadline
- November 14, 2018 – 4Culture: Cultural Facilities application deadline
- November 28, 2018 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- March 4, 2019 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application deadline
- June 24, 2019 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – send event details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.