Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is currently hiring a director of membership, a mid-level stewardship officer, and a station relations coordinator.
- Poulsbo Community Orchestra seeks an executive director, part-time, and paid.
- 4Culture is hiring program assistant for its Arts Program.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a communications and marketing director.
- Seattle Foundation is looking for a senior contract writer and a staff accountant.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a PT retail sales assistant; a pool of scenic, costume, and lighting designers; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring a vice president of artistic planning; an administrative assistant; a major gift officer; a family and community program manager; and more.
- Philharmonia Northwest announces auditions for concertmaster, to be held on November 25th.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking to sponsor professional classical string, brass or percussion ensembles that are progressive, with ALL members dedicated to performing, recording and educational/community outreach.
- Seattle Symphony announces substitute auditions for violin.
- The Northwest Boychoir is now scheduling tryouts for boys who love to sing!
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, oboe (section), flute (section), clarinet (sections), percussion (section), and all string section instruments.
- The Roost Apartments, a new micro-housing building designed to serve the needs of the local arts community, currently has vacancies for both market rate and MFTE units.
- Community Noise wants to play your music on FM radio at KBFG 107.3; this local, all-volunteer radio station brings the world to our neighborhood.
- Collaborative Musicians’ Project is seeking board members who have skill in grant writing, business development, financial skills, and a love of chamber music.
- Live Music Project is currently looking for volunteers to join our calendar squad.
- November 11, 2019 – Harry Ransom Center: Research Fellowship Program applications due
- November 15, 2019 – King Street Station: Studio Residency Award applications due
- November 20, 2019 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- November 25, 2019 – MAP Fund: Project Grants for Socially Engaged Live Performance application due
- December 1, 2019 – Crybaby Studios: Studio Space Grant application due
- December 9, 2019 – Artist Trust: Arts Innovator Award application deadline
- February 9, 2020 – Centrum: Artists-In-Residence applications due
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, they do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to them. The best way to submit that information is via email: email@example.com
The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.