Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- ArtsFund is looking for an engagement coordinator as well as a programs & advocacy coordinator.
- Early Music Seattle seeks a full-time marketing director.
- Bremerton Symphony has an immediate opening for a motivated, outgoing individual willing to wear many hats as their office and operations manager, working Tuesdays-Thursdays in Bremerton.
- Seattle Opera is accepting applications for a tour and events coordinator, audience services representative, school programs stage manager, education stage manager, youth and family programs manager.
- The Seattle Symphony is accepting applications for a campaign coordinator as well as sales and fundraising representatives.
- KEXP is looking to hire a part-time guest services associate.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid development-marketing associate starting immediately.
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is hiring a part-time board operator.
- Town Hall Seattle seeks an institutional giving manager.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth chorale director, stage assistant, and direct sales associates.
- The Seattle Foundation seeks an associate advisor in philanthropic services.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for fall enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- The Ballard Civic Orchestra announces openings for paid principal strings and volunteer orchestra musicians.
- Music Center of the Northwest seeks a cello instructor.
- The Washington Wind Symphony is currently searching for musicians for the oboe, bassoon, and clarinet sections.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for volunteer musicians in several sections and looking for volunteers to help with day-of concert lobby activities.
- Gallery Concerts is seeking board members and volunteers to usher.
- Thalia Allied Artists Music Library seeks a rental space for its large collection of scores and parts.
- September 30, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: The Morgan Fund – Investment Grant Opportunity application deadline
- October 1, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: Resilience Fund application deadline
- October 9, 2018 – NEA: Research: Art Works (research that investigates the value and/or impact of the arts) part I deadline
- October 15, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor application deadline
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture: Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- October 23, 2018 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: Arts in Parks Programapplication deadline
- November 1, 2018 – Jack Straw Cultural Center: Jack Straw New Media Gallery submission deadline.
- November 28, 2018 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – send event details to email@example.com
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.