Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Early Music Seattle seeks a full-time marketing director.
- Bremerton Symphony has an opening for an energetic, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented office and operations manager, working Tuesdays-Thursdays in Bremerton.
- Seattle Opera is accepting applications for teaching artists of various backgrounds (singers, actors, dancers, choral directors, stage directors, creative writers, and pianists — for its newly-developed school and community programs), audience services representative, school programs stage manager, education stage manager, youth and family programs manager.
- The Seattle Symphony is accepting applications for a campaign coordinator as well as sales and fundraising representatives.
- Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra is currently seeking a part-time, paid development coordinator.
- Music of Remembrance seeks a full-time, paid development-marketing associate starting immediately.
- Classical KING FM 98.1/Classic Radio Inc. is hiring a part-time board operator.
- Town Hall Seattle seeks an institutional giving manager.
- Pacific Northwest Ballet is hiring for the following positions: classical ballet instructor, DanceChance manager, part-time administrative assistant, master carpenter, school accompanist, DCM sales representative, and certified pilates instructor.
- Bremerton Youth Symphony is hiring a youth chorale director, stage assistant, and direct sales associates.
- Seattle Bach Choir welcomes singers to audition in September of 2018.
- Seattle Collaborative Orchestra (SCO) will be holding auditions for student and community musicians via video link or by live audition on September 8.
- 4Culture is holding auditions for the Touring Arts Roster on September 22 & 23.
- Northwest Boychoir is looking for boys ages 6-9 for fall enrollment; no prior musical training required, just musical aptitude and enjoyment of music.
- Seattle Opera is auditioning children 9-16 years of age who have unchanged voices (treble voices only) for its mainstage production of Carmen both boys and girls encouraged to audition.
- The Ballard Civic Orchestra announces openings for paid principal strings and volunteer orchestra musicians.
- Music Center of the Northwest seeks a violin instructor and a director for Oak Lake Strings.
- The Seattle Chamber Singers are holding auditions for new vocalists, especially tenors and basses.
- The Washington Wind Symphony is currently searching for musicians for the oboe, bassoon, and clarinet sections.
- Seattle Festival Orchestra seeks violinists for 2018-19 season.
- Philharmonia Northwest holds season auditions in September.
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus is holding auditions for experienced choral singers.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for volunteer musicians in several sections and looking for volunteers to help with day-of concert lobby activities.
- Bremerton Symphony Orchestra will hold auditions for a concertmaster as well as local and regional musicians with experience on September 6.
- Bremerton Symphony Chorale seeks volunteer chorus members of all voice types.
- Seattle Choral Company is holding auditions at the beginning of their season.
- Gallery Concerts is seeking board members and volunteers to usher.
- Thalia Allied Artists Music Library seeks a rental space for its large collection of scores and parts.
- September 30, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: The Morgan Fund – Investment Grant Opportunity application deadline
- October 1, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: Resilience Fund application deadline
- October 9, 2018 – NEA: Research: Art Works (research that investigates the value and/or impact of the arts) part I deadline
- October 15, 2018 – Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor application deadline
- October 17, 2018 – 4Culture: Sustained Support application deadline (assists with the day-to-day needs of arts, heritage, and preservation organizations over two-year cycles)
- October 23, 2018 – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: Arts in Parks Program application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Buildings + Equipment Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – Seattle Foundation: Vibrant Democracy Initiative Partnership Mobilization Grants (apply for a total of up to $30,000)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – send event details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Times – submit 14 days ahead for consideration in the curated classical listings (online & print)
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – submit 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.