Welcome to our monthly digest of Seattle-area music admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, grant deadlines, new programs, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Subscribe here.
Send us your news! We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this list by the 25th of each month.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Art with Heart is seeking an executive director/CEO with a commitment to creative expression and accessibility for children in need.
- Earshot Jazz is looking to add a full-time fundraising/development manager to its small team of passionate music and event professionals.
- Seattle Arts & Lectures is looking for an event & corporate giving manager.
- Town Hall Seattle is hiring a part-time house manager and finance director.
- Amazon.com Services, Inc. is seeking an executive assistant to support to two executives on the Amazon Music team.
- Olympic College is seeking part time adjunct faculty to teach academic and performance music courses.
- Orquesta Northwest/Ballard Civic Orchestra seeks a cohort coordinator for its grant-funded “Voces Latinas Project,” starting September 1 and continuing until May 2020. Please email for more information.
- Seattle Choral Company, now in their 38th year, is seeking new members to join their ranks for the upcoming concert season.
- SoundCity Singers seeks 8 SSAATTB singers for paid chorus positions through auditions on September 22.
- Seattle Opera is auditioning children 9-14 years of age who have unchanged voices (treble voices only.) Both boys and girls encouraged to audition on September 3 and 4. Appointments are necessary.
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus is holding auditions on September 3 by appointment for singers in all sections for their 2019/2020 season.
- Bellevue Youth Choirs seeks youth of all ages to join the 2019-20 season.
- Seattle Music Partners seeks band and orchestra teaching artists for 2019-’20 school year.
- 4/4 School of Music is hiring talented musicians who inspire others with their passion for music to teach music lessons.
- Issaquah Montessori School is hiring a part-time movement and music teacher.
- Northwest Girlchoir is seeking an energetic, experienced vocal music teaching artist to lead an after-school music/choir class for 2nd-5th grade boys and girls at Northgate Elementary School in Seattle.
- Henry Bischofberger Violins is seeking a string instrument repair specialist with technical training or relevant experience with violins, violas, and cellos for a part-time weekend position in their violin shop in Kirkland.
- Seattle Opera is seeking a research and database manager; a graphic designer; a PT retail sales assistant; a pool of scenic, costume, and lighting designers; an assistant production manager; an audience services representative; and direct sales and telefunding representatives.
- The Seattle Symphony is hiring a vice president of artistic planning; an accounts payable accountant; a building engineer 3; sales and fundraising representatives; and ushers.
- Ensign Symphony & Chorus is auditioning strong musicians for the following positions: principal cello, principal string bass, oboe (section), percussion (section) and all string section instruments in September 2019.
- The Roost Apartments, a new micro-housing building designed to serve the needs of the local arts community, will have vacancies starting August 1st for both market rate and MFTE units.
- August 30, 2019 – Arts & Humanities Bainbridge: Individual Artist Grant applications due
- August 31, 2019 – Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts: artist residencies application due
- September 3, 2019 – On the Boards: Performance Lab applications due
- September 10, 2019 – Sullivan Foundation: 2019 auditions applications due
- October 1, 2019 – GKV Foundation: “Big Ideas” letters of interest due
- October 1, 2019 – Indianapolis Women’s Chorus: women’s choral composition contest submission due
- October 1, 2019 – Millay Colony: composer residency applications due
- October 11, 2019 – Chamber Music America: 2020 Presenter Consortium for Jazz applications due
- October 14, 2019 – Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP): Sound Off! entries due
- October 18, 2019 – Chamber Music America: 2020 Residency Partnership Program applications due
- November 1, 2019 – Kurt Weill Foundation: Grant Program application deadline
- November 1, 2019 – Jack Straw: Artist Support Program application due
- November 1, 2019 – Jack Straw: New Media Gallery Program submissions due
- November 1, 2019 – Jack Straw: Writers Program application due
- November 20, 2019 – 4Culture: Arc Artist Fellowship application deadline
- December 9, 2019 – Artist Trust: Arts Innovator Award application deadline
- March 9, 2020 – Artist Trust: Fellowship Awards application due
- June 29, 2020 – Artist Trust: Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) application deadline
- Ongoing – 4Culture: T.I.P.S. Mini-Grants
- Ongoing – ArtsWA: Snap Grants pilot program pre-application window opened (budgets under $25K)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Community grant (aims to connect with communities who have not been reached and who are currently under-supported)
- Ongoing – 4Culture: Open Arts Grant; apply at least 6 weeks prior to event date
- Ongoing – Seattle Office of Arts & Culture: smART ventures grant application deadline
- Ongoing – Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute: facility grant; apply at least two months prior to event date
- Ongoing – Live Music Project: Spontaneous Free Tickets audience-building program
Media calendar deadlines
- Seattle Magazine – submit events 3 months ahead for the print calendar
- City Arts – City Arts is currently on hiatus and is not accepting calendar submissions.
- Seattle Times – The Seattle Times no longer prints comprehensive listings of books, theater and visual arts events; however, we do print selective listings every week in Weekend Plus, based on information submitted to us. The best way to submit that information is via email: email@example.com
- The Stranger – submit any time to the online “Things to Do” calendar; for the quarterly Seattle Art & Performance, submit at least 5 weeks before the start of the quarter in which the event will take place
- Seattle Met – email 2-4 weeks ahead of event for the online calendar and include “Listings Editor” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Music Project – submit 1 week prior to performance date; deadline for weekend email listings is Mondays @ 5pm
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.